Melt Away the Day
If you’re anything like me you work a bazillion hours a week, come home, and have a bazillion more things to do (and relaxing isn’t one of them). Grown up bath time < kid bath time, Adult nap time < making dinner. So what can you do to catch a few minutes of “me” time? …MAKE SHOWER MELTS!
These things are the best! You don’t have to have time to draw a bath to get relaxing, aromatherapy time to yourself.
To start, you’ll need:
• ½ C. Epsom Salts
• 1 C. Baking Soda
• Essential Oils of your choosing (lavender is my go-to favorite)
Let’s get started!
• Combine baking soda and Epsom salt, mix until combined.
• Add water into the dry mix and stir until it turns into a consistency like wet sand.
• Push into silicon molds or a greased container. Press into the mold firmly and leave for 24-48 hours until hardened
• When you’re ready to use add 20 drops of your favorite essential oil to the melt.
• Place the melt just outside of the water stream on the shower floor.
If you’re not using the shower melts right away store in a cool dark place, in an airtight container.